Orh Nee Tart Recipe
Orn nee tart is a popular dessert in Singapore. The reason why is because it has a unique taste and texture. It is actually easy to make and for those who want to enjoy orh nee tart. How? Here is the explanation.
What is Orh Nee Tart?
Orh nee is a popular dessert from Teochew. It is usually served as a final dessert during weddings. But if you want to serve this at home, it isn’t hard to make! Orh nee is made with yam paste and can be served with various types, like tart. So, here is orh nee tart recipe:
Ingredients for Orh Nee Tarts:
- 40g melted butter
- 85g wheat cake or butter cake
- 800g yam (skinned & diced)
- 50ml water
- 160ml oil
- 6 shallots (sliced)
- 200g sugar
- Ginkgo nuts for extra
How to Make Orh Nee Tart? Step by Step Guide
- Prepare the ziplock then put cake (wheat cake or butter cake) into the ziplock and crush it until smooth, add melted butter and mix evenly.
- Prepare a cupcake or muffin tin and give parchment paper, then put the crumbs into the cupcake tin and press it firmly into the rim of the pan.
- Put it in the chiller and wait 20 minutes.
- Prepare the orh nee filling with yam
- Steam yam 20 minutes and wait until soft
- Remove yam into a bowl and then mash yam using fork until smooth
- Add 50 ml of water to the bowl, then mash yam to produce a smooth paste
- Prepare a frying pan over medium heat, then add the mashed red onion and wait until it turns brown.
- Remove the shallots, then add it to the yam paste and add the sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients evenly and let the yam paste and let it cool
- Put the pasta into the tart dough that has been put in the chiller
- Prepare the ginkgo beans, peel the skin and boil it after that drain it
- Sprinkle ginkgo nuts as a garnish on the finished tart.